Unix/Linux System Administration
|Title:||Unix/Linux System Administration |
The Columbus contract has a full time position for Unix/Linux System Administrator available immediately in Columbus, OH. We are looking for a candidate with strong Unix experience who will have the following responsibilities:
- Applying operating system updates and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Performing backups.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries from users, customers and management.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of explaining simple procedures in writing or verbally; good phone skills.
- Responsible for system security to protect against intrusion.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Keeping the server to network connectivity up and running.
- Routine audits of systems and software.
- Research new vendor technologies.
Requires a minimum of an active secret clearance
* Candidate must have an active secret clearance to start this position.
* Must have Security + Certification or must be able to obtain Security + before hire.
Experience with Solaris, Hewlett Packard, or Linux are applicable.
This position will be supporting a 24x7 environment and some rotating shift work will eventually be required.
Columbus , OH