||AOC Business Analyst
||Contract - through 6/30/2014
||Summary: The Business Analyst will be required to become an expert user in AOC applications provided to the courts and to have a high level of understanding of relevant court business processes.
Complete Description: Local Candidates Preferred Travel up to 60%. Some overnight travel. The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and detailing opportunities for improvement with internal processes, training, and the quality of service. The Business Analyst reports to the Case Management Business Manager or the Case Management Technical Manager.
- Produce accurate and complete business process documentation and workflows to use in system configuration, data conversion, training materials, and application support
- Analyze impacts to software applications throughout all phases of implementation projects
- Work with application developers to translate high-level, business requirements into functional and technical specifications
- Propose changes to validation tables, code tables, and rule tables
- Maintain system expertise by participating in testing of training materials, software patches, upgrades, configuration, and data conversion results
- Analyze the impact of data conversion designs and document process changes that result from data conversions
- Create specification documents for ODPs and reports and update the document tracking spreadsheet
- Develop ODP documents in an appropriate test environment
- Conduct application training sessions and provide support to end users, both in-person and remote
- Provide business process information to the training personnel for development of training materials
- Review training issue logs for impacts to business processes, configuration, security settings, and on-site support
- Maintain and troubleshoot training equipment, such as computers, projectors, and other audiovisual devices
- Perform data entry of coversheets that are submitted by paper reporting courts for statistical purposes
- Other duties as assigned
||Education: The formal education of a bachelor’s degree and five years relevant experience, or eight years of relevant experience is required. An M.B.A. or equivalent is preferred.
Experience: Knowledge of Arkansas court processes and understanding the use of technology in court software is highly desirable. Experience in personnel management is preferred. The Business Analyst will have regular contact with elected court officials and court staff, department staff, and other state agency/institutions personnel. As a representative of the AOC, the Business Analysts is expected to maintain a high degree of integrity, decorum, and respect for court personnel at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of Arkansas court business processes and procedures
- Knowledge of project management and process improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures, both manual and electronic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with court and non-court, legal and non-legal, technical and non-technical personnel
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiencies in Microsoft Office, Visio, and Outlook
- Ability to accurately chart existing business processes, provide thorough analysis, and recommend improvements
- Ability to add and modify system codes to satisfy functional requirements -Ability to analyze and evaluate comparative data, graphically represent work flows, and present in front of large groups
- Ability to provide classroom training on the use of the applications and provide application support to court end users
- Ability to identify gaps and define functional requirements for system usage and reporting of data out of the systems
- Ability to supervise and manage a team comprised of members from disparate groups with differing levels of expertise and technical abilities
- Ability to effectively multitask, well under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel in state, sometimes on short notice
Working experience with MS office tools - 6 Years Required
Computer Business Systems Analyst role - 5 Years Required
Experience in gathering business requirements in a development environment - 5 Years Required
Software Implementation Experience - 4 Years Required
Basic computer skills knowledge - 3 Years Required
Process Improvement Methodologies - 3 Years Required
Knowledge of Arkansas court systems - Highly desired
Understanding of the use of technology in court applications - Highly desired
||Little Rock, AR.
||TecPort Solutions Inc.
470 Friendship Road
Harrisburg, PA 17111